Easy and tasty. Isn't that what it's all about? Oh & it's not going to blow all your calories for the day too ;)
Makes about 8
1 lb ground beef (the leanest you can find)
1 onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 T chili powder
2 teaspoon oregano
1 teasoon ground cumin
10 oz. tomato sauce
4 oz. can green chiles, drained
2/3 cup shredded Mexican-blend cheese
8-inch fat free soft flour tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a nonstick baking sheet with nonstick spray; set aside.
- Spray a medium nonstick skillet with nonstick spray; set over medium-high heat.
- Add ground beef, onion, garlic, chili powder, oregano & cumin.
- Cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon until browned, about 6 minutes.
- Stir in the tomato sauce and the chiles; bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, until the mixture thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the cheese.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup of the filling into the center of each tortilla.
- Fold in the sides, then roll to enclose the filling.
- Place the chimichangas, seam-side down, on the baking sheet.
- Bake until golden and crisp, about 20 miuntes.
- Serve with fat free sour cream and salsa :)